Centner Academy is a progressive, independent ‘happiness’ school that combines a deep commitment to emotional intelligence, mindfulness, and happiness with a challenging curriculum featuring language immersion, entrepreneurial thinking, problem solving, creativity, and collaboration. Using a strengths-based approach to learning, all Centner Academy students and teachers have opportunities to do what they love across the curriculum through project- and problem-based learning. Centner Academy’s mission is to promote:
- Happy, thriving students
- Rigorous curriculum that engages students
- Mindfulness and emotional intelligence
- Effective foreign language acquisition
- Project- and problem-based learning
- Entrepreneurial thinking
- Personalized learning journeys
- Habits to optimize neurodevelopment
Centner Academy’s curriculum philosophy was developed by a team of seasoned educators to meet the needs and expectations of globally minded families. Our intention is to shape future adults who are not only confident and poised to succeed, but who also have the character and skills needed to make the world a better, kinder, and more loving place for all.
Centner Academy is seeking an experienced nurse to join our community as the School Nurse. Reporting to the School Principals, the School Nurse will provide health services to students. Centner Academy’s Nurse will treat injuries and mild to acute illnesses and support students with chronic illnesses or allergies. In this role, the School Nurse will also assist with preventive care by educating students on how to avoid communicable diseases and communicate the importance of proper hygiene. Centner Academy’s School Nurse is someone who can soothe anxious children and set appropriate boundaries with adults.
- Provide basic healthcare to students in case of injury or acute illness.
- Develop health plans for students with chronic illnesses, including allergies and asthma.
- Educate students on proper hygiene habits.
- Track student’s medical records and vaccination histories using Blackbaud software.
- Ensure compliance with national and local health laws.
- Assist in teaching Growth Education classes.
- ADN or BSN degree, RN license preferred.
- Current CPR, AED, and First Aid certification.
- Previous School Nurse or pediatric experience preferred.
- Strong interpersonal skills.
- The ability to communicate important health information to both children and adults.
To apply, please submit a copy of your resume. Compensation is competitive and based on experience. This is a year-round position. Staff training often occurs in summer months. Centner Academy does not mandate the Covid-19 vaccine.
Centner Academy is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to welcoming and celebrating a diverse student and faculty population. We believe every employee has the right to work in an environment free from all forms of unlawful discrimination. It is the policy of the school that employment decisions for all applicants and employees will be made without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, genetic information, marital status, veteran status, disability, or other characteristics protected under local, state, or federal law. No employee will be retaliated against for raising concerns under this policy. We seek each employee’s contribution and assistance in helping us maintain equal employment opportunity.