Centner Academy is a progressive independent ‘happiness’ school where world languages, values-based education, mindfulness, and student-centered academics infuse every interaction with joy and learning. Through a unique blend of diverse academic paradigms, the school engages students from the very beginning in an innovative environment supported by five Key Pillars: language mastery, leadership, values-based character development, mindfulness, and life skills.
Centner’s curriculum philosophy was developed by a team of seasoned educators to meet the needs and expectations of globally minded families. Our intention is to shape future adults who are not only confident and poised to succeed, but who also have the character and skills needed to make the world a better, kinder and more loving place for all.
Centner Academy is looking for exceptional Hebrew Teacher to join our robust faculty in our Pre-Kindergarten to grade 8 community for the 2021-22 school year. Must be comfortable being in person on campus with students. Shifts will be 8 hours daily.
- Collaborate with the Principals and the Curriculum Director to develop and teach curriculum across multiple subjects that engages all learners in meaningful, challenging work that cultivates 21st-century skills.
- Ensure that all students achieve key learning outcomes for the grade level, targeting instruction thoughtfully to address individual needs.
- Using measurable data, track student performance and enrich their progress with visible results
- Build a robust learning atmosphere that leads students to value being at school and feel part of a rigorous and joyful learning community.
- Use preventative intervention strategies to guide student progress in developing social and emotional skills that will help them navigate a path to higher learning.
- Collaborate intensively and daily with colleagues to continually improve student learning and school culture.
- Deeply connect with students and vigorously uphold a culture of welcome, safety and respect.
- Communicating with parents and leading parent-student-teacher meetings to facilitate progress in and outside of the classroom.
- Bachelor’s or master’s degree in education, teaching or a related field.
- At least two years of teaching experience in a K-8 setting.
- Fluent in Hebrew (basic English conversational fluency is required).
- Strong communication skills (oral and written).
- Deep dedication to learning and developing as an educator.
- Collaborative work style paired with the ability to take initiative.
- Strong classroom management skills and expertise in differentiating instruction.
Nonessential skills and experience:
- Experience in immersion, dual language and/or EL sheltered instruction.
- Strong understanding of teaching through a balanced literacy approach.
- Experience with a problem-solving and discussion-based mathematics approach.
- Strong analytical abilities and enthusiasm for data-driven instruction.
- Very resourceful and adaptive, eager to embrace change, growth, and learning.
- Experience working closely with diverse families.
To apply, please submit a copy of your resume. Please also provide professional references (name and full contact information) with application. Compensation is competitive and based on experience. This is a year-round position. Staff training often occurs in summer months. Centner Academy is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to welcoming and celebrating a diverse student and faculty population. We believe every employee has the right to work in an environment free from all forms of unlawful discrimination. It is the policy of the school that employment decisions for all applicants and employees will be made without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, genetic information, marital status, veteran status, disability, or other characteristics protected under local, state or federal law. No employee will be retaliated against for raising concerns under this policy. We seek each employee’s contribution and assistance in helping us maintain equal employment opportunity. Centner Academy does not mandate the Covid-19 vaccine.