Centner Academy is a progressive, independent ‘happiness’ school that combines a deep commitment to emotional intelligence, mindfulness, and happiness with a challenging curriculum featuring language immersion, entrepreneurial thinking, problem solving, creativity, and collaboration. Using a strengths-based approach to learning, all Centner Academy students and teachers have opportunities to do what they love across the curriculum through project- and problem-based learning. Centner Academy’s mission is to promote:
- Happy, thriving students
- Rigorous curriculum that engages students
- Mindfulness and emotional intelligence
- Effective foreign language acquisition
- Project- and problem-based learning
- Entrepreneurial thinking
- Personalized learning journeys
- Habits to optimize neurodevelopment
Centner Academy’s curriculum philosophy was developed by a team of seasoned educators to meet the needs and expectations of globally-minded families. Our intention is to shape future adults who are not only confident and poised to succeed, but who also have the character and skills needed to make the world a better, kinder, and more loving place for all.
Centner Academy is seeking energetic and creative Elementary School Teachers to join its growing faculty for the 2021-2022 school year. Please indicate your position(s) of interest in your cover letter. Must be comfortable being in person on campus with students. Shifts will be 8 hours daily.
- Teach classes as assigned, providing effective and professional classroom instruction, assessment, and management.
- Design and implement curriculum and instruction consistent with the mission, values, and standards established with the Centner program.
- Collaborate with colleagues on curriculum development and on enhancing instructional practices and strategies.
- Establish effective communications and relationships with students and parents.
- Exhibit a growth mindset about teaching practices and work toward professional goals and development.
- Help to maintain school policies, regulations, and expectations.
- Develop and maintain professional, collaborative, and collegial relationships with faculty and staff, as well as with community partners to the benefit of students and classes.
- Support the work of the Principal and administrative leadership team.
- Participate in required non-classroom activities, including Back to School Night(s), parent/student conferences, retreats, faculty and Centner meetings, field trips, and special activities and performance events.
- Provide effective supervision of students to promote a safe and healthy environment and school experience.
- Timely and professional completion of required reports and tasks.
- Represent the school at community or public events in the highest ethical manner.
- Fulfill other responsibilities as assigned by the Centner administration.
- Be responsible at all times for the supervision of students in your care during classes and for students generally at all times when on campus or off campus.
Essential skills and experience:
- Bachelor’s or master’s degree in education, teaching, or a related field. Master’s degree preferred.
- At least two years of teaching experience in a K-8 setting.
- Strong communication skills (oral and written).
- Deep dedication to learning and developing as an educator.
- Collaborative work style paired with the ability to take initiative.
- Strong classroom management skills and expertise in differentiating instruction.
Nonessential skills and experience:
- Eagerness to learn new technology and systems.
- Strong understanding of teaching through a balanced literacy approach.
- Experience with a problem-solving and discussion-based mathematics approach.
- Strong analytical abilities and enthusiasm for data-driven instruction.
- Very resourceful and adaptive, eager to embrace change, growth, and learning.
- Experience working closely with diverse families.
To apply, please submit a copy of your resume. Please also provide professional references (name and full contact information) with application. Compensation is competitive and based on experience. This is a year-round position. Staff training often occurs in summer months. Centner Academy does not mandate the Covid-19 vaccine.
Centner Academy is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to welcoming and celebrating a diverse student and faculty population. We believe every employee has the right to work in an environment free from all forms of unlawful discrimination. It is the policy of the school that employment decisions for all applicants and employees will be made without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, genetic information, marital status, veteran status, disability, or other characteristics protected under local, state, or federal law. No employee will be retaliated against for raising concerns under this policy. We seek each employee’s contribution and assistance in helping us maintain equal employment opportunity.