Centner Academy is a progressive, independent ‘happiness’ school that combines a deep commitment to emotional intelligence, mindfulness, and happiness with a challenging curriculum featuring language immersion, entrepreneurial thinking, problem solving, creativity, and collaboration. Using a strengths-based approach to learning, all Centner Academy students and teachers have opportunities to do what they love across the curriculum through project- and problem-based learning. Centner Academy’s mission is to promote:
- Happy, thriving students
- Rigorous curriculum that engages students
- Mindfulness and emotional intelligence
- Effective foreign language acquisition
- Project- and problem-based learning
- Entrepreneurial thinking
- Personalized learning journeys
- Habits to optimize neurodevelopment
Centner Academy’s curriculum philosophy was developed by a team of seasoned educators to meet the needs and expectations of globally minded families. Our intention is to shape future adults who are not only confident and poised to succeed, but who also have the character and skills needed to make the world a better, kinder, and more loving place for all.
We are seeking candidates with a passion for helping students achieve success in school or careers. The Student Life Coach will help students develop the skills they will need to be successful in high school, college, and beyond. The Student Life Coach will act as a resource, assist students as they prepare for and apply to colleges or careers. The Student Life Coach may also aid students as they prepare for exams or connect them with other resources, such as counselors or special education services.
To be a successful Student Life Coach, candidates should be invested in the success of their students and have a thorough understanding of developmental processes, post-secondary education admissions, and student resources. Student Life Coaches will also need to be analytical, collaborative, and possess the desire to motivate students. Strong computer and communication skills are a must. Must be comfortable being in person on campus with students. Shifts will be 8 hours daily.
- Building rapport with students.
- Helping students identify strengths and weaknesses.
- Assisting students with setting their academic and career goals.
- Developing student habits and other skills to ensure their success.
- Analyzing data and tracking student progress towards goals.
- Connecting students with other resources, as needed.
- Bachelor’s degree in education or related field.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Willingness to collaborate and build rapport with students.
- Strong problem-solving and analytical skills.
To apply, please submit a copy of your resume. Compensation is competitive and based on experience. This is a year-round position. Staff training often occurs in summer months. Centner Academy does not mandate the Covid-19 vaccine.
Centner Academy is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to welcoming and celebrating a diverse student and faculty population. We believe every employee has the right to work in an environment free from all forms of unlawful discrimination. It is the policy of the school that employment decisions for all applicants and employees will be made without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, genetic information, marital status, veteran status, disability, or other characteristics protected under local, state, or federal law. No employee will be retaliated against for raising concerns under this policy. We seek each employee’s contribution and assistance in helping us maintain equal employment opportunity.