Centner Academy is a progressive, independent ‘happiness’ school that combines a deep commitment to emotional intelligence, mindfulness, and happiness with a challenging curriculum featuring language immersion, entrepreneurial thinking, problem solving, creativity, and collaboration. Using a strengths-based approach to learning, all Centner Academy students and teachers have opportunities to do what they love across the curriculum through project- and problem-based learning. Centner Academy’s mission is to promote:
- Happy, thriving students
- Rigorous curriculum that engages students
- Mindfulness and emotional intelligence
- Effective foreign language acquisition
- Project- and problem-based learning
- Entrepreneurial thinking
- Personalized learning journeys
- Habits to optimize neurodevelopment
Centner Academy’s curriculum philosophy was developed by a team of seasoned educators to meet the needs and expectations of globally minded families. Our intention is to shape future adults who are not only confident and poised to succeed, but who also have the character and skills needed to make the world a better, kinder, and more loving place for all. We are seeking a dynamic, flexible, resilient educator with an entrepreneurial mindset.
- Support students’ social-emotional development through one-on-one, small-group and whole group instruction.
- Lead social-emotional learning professional development for faculty.
- Provide parent education.
- Support after school and enrichment program for students.
- Understand both the academic and social-emotional needs of gifted and differential learners.
- Manage student support including, but not limited to, speech, OT, and gifted education
- Serve as the central point of contact and lead, coordinate, organize and facilitate parent meetings.
- Gather necessary input from parents, teachers, learning specialists, guidance counselors, and other providers to prepare for parent meetings.
- Monitor student academic and social-emotional progress.
- Lead and coordinate the development of materials designed to meet the academic and social needs of specific learners.
- Be a lifelong learner engaged in professional growth.
- Develop working relationships with students, faculty, staff, and parents.
- Refers students for academic/psychological testing and/or personal and family counseling.
- Responds to faculty requests for assistance with concerns of individual students.
- Coordinate standardized testing.
- Master’s degree (or higher) in school counseling/guidance or education.
- Exceptional communication and presentation skills.
- Gifted Endorsement a plus.
- Experience with social-emotional curriculum recommended.
- Ability to work in multiple academic subject areas.
- Strong affinity for helping children succeed.
- Passionate about education.
- Private, independent school experience a plus.
- Progressive thinker who remains current with best practices.
- Solution focused problem solver.
To apply, please submit a copy of your resume to email@example.com. Compensation is competitive and based on experience. This is a year-round position. Staff training often occurs in summer months.
Centner Academy is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to welcoming and celebrating a diverse student and faculty population. We believe every employee has the right to work in an environment free from all forms of unlawful discrimination. It is the policy of the school that employment decisions for all applicants and employees will be made without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, genetic information, marital status, veteran status, disability, or other characteristics protected under local, state, or federal law. No employee will be retaliated against for raising concerns under this policy. We seek each employee’s contribution and assistance in helping us maintain equal employment opportunity.