Centner Academy is a progressive, independent ‘happiness’ school that combines a deep commitment to emotional intelligence, mindfulness, and happiness with a challenging curriculum including foreign language acquisition, entrepreneurial thinking, problem-solving, creativity, critical thinking, and collaboration. Centner Academy’s mission is to promote:
• Happy, thriving students
• Rigorous curriculum that engages students
• Mindfulness and emotional intelligence
• Effective foreign language acquisition
• Project- and problem-based learning
• Entrepreneurial thinking
• Personalized learning journeys
• Habits to optimize neurodevelopment
Centner Academy’s curriculum philosophy was developed by a team of seasoned educators to meet the needs and expectations of globally-minded families. Our intention is to shape future adults who are not only confident and poised to succeed, but who also have the character and skills needed to make the world a better, kinder, and more loving place for all.
Centner Academy is seeking an Elementary School Principal to join its growing faculty for the 2023-2024 school year. Must be comfortable being in person on campus with students.
• Exercise proactive leadership in promoting the vision and mission of the school.
• Recruit, retain, and support the ongoing professional development of highly engaged teachers.
• Develop and implement programs that enhance the educational experience of the students.
• Vertically align the curriculum with the middle school principal to ensure students are prepared.
• Organize and promote student leadership such as student government.
• Support students’ executive functioning and organizational skills.
• Create academic initiatives for students in all subject areas.
• Create an atmosphere in which students can achieve their maximum potential.
• Implement challenging courses based on student interests.
• Provide leadership in planning, developing, implementing, and evaluating curriculum and instructional programs.
• Implement extracurricular activities and clubs for all students.
• Collaborate with all principals and facilitate events for students.
• Collaborate with teachers, parents, and students to provide the best education for each student and assist them in their academic and professional goals.
Qualifications for Principal
• Master’s degree (or higher) in education or instructional leadership.
• Prior teaching experience followed by experience as a principal preferred.
• Strong understanding of laws and regulations affecting educational institutions.
• Exceptional communication and presentation skills.
• Strong affinity for teaching children and helping them succeed.
• Passionate about education.
• Private, independent school experience a plus.
• Progressive thinker who remains current with best practices.
• Proficiency at budgeting, and managing school-division expenses.
• Supervise and facilitate the daily operations of the school.
• Detail-oriented problem solver.
• Elementary school experience preferred.
To apply, please submit a copy of your resume to mailto:firstname.lastname@example.org. Compensation is competitive and based on experience. This is a year-round position. Staff training often occurs in the summer months. Centner Academy does not mandate the Covid-19 vaccine.
Centner Academy is an equal-opportunity employer and is committed to welcoming and celebrating a diverse student and faculty population. We believe every employee has the right to work in an environment free from all forms of unlawful discrimination. It is the policy of the school that employment decisions for all applicants and employees will be made without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, genetic information, marital status, veteran status, disability, or other characteristics protected under local, state or federal law. No employee will be retaliated against for raising concerns under this policy. We seek each employee’s contribution and assistance in helping us maintain equal employment opportunity.
Book Your Tour!
If your family is ready for a school that knows your children can be happy, healthy, AND successful, then it’s time to try Centner Academy. Fill out the form below to start the enrollment process by booking your tour.