The Manager of Technology and Online Learning is responsible for providing technological expertise with optimizing the integration and use of technologies and educational resources to support technology-rich teaching and student learning. This position is the liaison with the teaching staff, technology support staff, and administrative staff in conjunction with the Head of School.
The Manager of Technology and Online Learning serves as a member of Centner Academy’s leadership team and, as such, requires an unwavering commitment to professionalism. The Manager of Technology and Online Learning provides vision and leadership in developing and implementing information technology initiatives supporting the school’s curriculum and strategic goals. This full-time position directs and manages information technology, operations, infrastructure, and strategic planning, including project planning and requirements management, organizing, and negotiating technology resources allocation. This position includes oversight of resources, technology staff, and the ability to manage facility enhancement projects.
This position oversees to ensure infrastructure elements (cabling, fiber optics, wireless and hardwired equipment, mobile devices (one to one), classroom connectivity, servers, ISP connection and service, website, software, cybersecurity, and disaster recovery operations) are optimal and efficient. The Manager of Technology and Online Learning works closely with the Director of Business, Manager of Finance and Human Resources for Communication, Resource planning, budgeting, and approval purposes.
- Demonstrate the ability to interact with parents, students, and teachers effectively.
- A strong leader with integrity, high moral standards, and charisma who is people oriented.
- Possess highly organized and hands-on leadership style.
- Demonstrate strong knowledge and hands-on experience of technology operations, digital security, and educational integration skills.
- Highly effective communicator, both spoken and in print/electronic media, who is comfortable speaking and listening to the full spectrum of school stakeholders.
- Independent School or non-profit experience preferred.
- Execute strategic technology initiatives for systems and networking infrastructure.
- Experience with mobile device management, Blackbaud SIS/LMS/EMS, School Pass and Google education admin
- Understanding learning technology trends in the industry and leading technology-focused teams
- Manage technology vendors and consultants.
- Bachelor’s degree in the field of technology, education, or leadership experience
- Excellent interpersonal, communication, and organizational skills
To apply, please submit a copy of your resume. Please also provide professional references (name and full contact information) with application. Compensation is competitive and based on experience. This is a year-round position. Staff training often occurs in summer months.
Centner Academy is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to welcoming and celebrating a diverse student and faculty population. We believe every employee has the right to work in an environment free from all forms of unlawful discrimination. It is the policy of the school that employment decisions for all applicants and employees will be made without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, genetic information, marital status, veteran status, disability, or other characteristics protected under local, state, or federal law. No employee will be retaliated against for raising concerns under this policy. We seek each employee’s contribution and assistance in helping us maintain equal employment opportunity. Centner Academy does not mandate the Covid-19 vaccine.