Centner Academy is a progressive, independent ‘happiness’ school that combines a deep commitment to emotional intelligence, mindfulness, and happiness with a challenging curriculum including foreign language acquisition, entrepreneurial thinking, problem-solving, creativity, critical thinking and collaboration. Centner Academy’s mission is to promote:
- Happy, thriving students
- Rigorous curriculum that engages students
- Mindfulness and emotional intelligence
- Effective foreign language acquisition
- Project- and problem-based learning
- Entrepreneurial thinking
- Personalized learning journeys
- Habits to optimize neurodevelopment
Centner Academy’s curriculum philosophy was developed by a team of seasoned educators to meet the needs and expectations of globally minded families. Our intention is to shape future adults who are not only confident and poised to succeed, but who also have the character and skills needed to make the world a better, kinder, and more loving place for all.
Centner Academy is seeking an exceptional High School Spanish Teacher to join its growing faculty for the 2023-2024 school year. Must be comfortable being in person on campus with students. Shifts will be 8 hours daily.
- Collaborate with the Principals and the Curriculum Director to develop and teach curriculum across multiple subjects that engages all learners in meaningful, challenging work that cultivates 21st-century skills.
- Ensure that all students achieve key learning outcomes for the grade level, targeting instruction thoughtfully to address individual needs.
- Using measurable data, track student performance and enrich their progress with visible results.
- Build a robust learning atmosphere that leads students to value being at school and feel part of a rigorous and joyful learning community.
- Use preventative intervention strategies to guide student progress in developing social and emotional skills that will help them navigate a path to higher learning.
- Collaborate intensively and daily with colleagues to continually improve student learning and school culture.
- Deeply connect with students and vigorously uphold a culture of welcome, safety and respect.
- Communicating with parents and leading parent-student-teacher meetings to facilitate progress in and outside of the classroom.
Essential skills and experience
- Hold a master’s degree or equivalent experience in Spanish or a related field from an accredited college or university with teaching credentials.
- Have 2-3 years in a lead teacher role, preferably in Spanish at the high school level.
- Strong communication skills (oral and written).
- Deep dedication to learning and developing as an educator.
- Collaborative work style paired with the ability to take initiative.
- Strong classroom management skills and expertise in differentiating instruction.
Nonessential skills and experience
- Eagerness to learn new technology and systems.
- Strong understanding of teaching through a balanced literacy approach.
- Experience with a problem-solving and discussion-based approach.
- Strong analytical abilities and enthusiasm for data-driven instruction.
- Very resourceful and adaptive, eager to embrace change, growth, and learning.
- Experience working closely with diverse families.
To apply, please submit a copy of your resume. Please also provide professional references (name and full contact information) with application. Compensation is competitive and based on experience. This is a year-round position. Staff training often occurs in summer months.
Centner Academy is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to welcoming and celebrating a diverse student and faculty population. We believe every employee has the right to work in an environment free from all forms of unlawful discrimination. It is the policy of the school that employment decisions for all applicants and employees will be made without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, genetic information, marital status, veteran status, disability, or other characteristics protected under local, state or federal law. No employee will be retaliated against for raising concerns under this policy. We seek each employee’s contribution and assistance in helping us maintain equal employment opportunity.