Centner Academy is a progressive independent ‘happiness’ school where world languages, values-based education, mindfulness, and student-centered academics infuse every interaction with joy and learning. Through a unique blend of diverse academic paradigms, the school engages students from the very beginning in an innovative environment supported by five Key Pillars: language mastery, leadership, values-based character development, mindfulness, and life skills.
Centner’s curriculum philosophy was developed by a team of seasoned educators to meet the needs and expectations of globally minded families. Our intention is to shape future adults who are not only confident and poised to succeed, but who also have the character and skills needed to make the world a better, kinder and more loving place for all.
Centner Academy is looking for an exceptional Executive Assistant to join our team. Reporting directly to the CEO & COO, the Executive Assistant provides executive support in a one-on-one working relationship. The Executive Assistant serves as the primary point of contact for internal and external constituencies on all matters pertaining to the CEO & COO. The Executive Assistant must be creative and enjoy working within a small, entrepreneurial environment that is mission-driven, results-driven and community oriented. The ideal individual will have the ability to exercise good judgment in a variety of situations, with strong written and verbal communication, administrative, and organizational skills, and the ability to maintain a realistic balance among multiple priorities. The Executive Assistant will have the ability to work independently on projects, from conception to completion, and must be able to work under pressure at times to handle a wide variety of activities and confidential matters with discretion.
• Completes a broad variety of administrative tasks for the CEO & COO including managing an extremely active calendar of appointments; completing expense reports; composing and preparing correspondence that is sometimes confidential; arranging complex and detailed travel plans, itineraries, and agendas; and compiling documents for travel-related meetings.
• Plans, coordinates, and ensures the CEO & COO’s schedule is followed and respected. Provides “gatekeeper” and “gateway” role, creating win-win situations for direct access to the CEO & COO’s time and office.
• Researches, prioritizes, and follows up on incoming issues and concerns addressed to the CEO & COO, including those of a sensitive or confidential nature. Determines appropriate course of action, referral, or response.
• Works closely and effectively with the CEO & COO to keep him/her well informed of upcoming commitments and responsibilities, following up appropriately.
• Prioritizes conflicting needs; handles maters expeditiously, proactively, and follows-through on projects to successful completion, often with deadline pressures.
• Follows up on contacts made by the CEO & COO and supports the cultivation of ongoing relationships.
• Bachelor’s degree preferred.
• Strong work tenure: 5 to 10 years of experience supporting C-Level Executives.
• Proficient in Microsoft Office (Outlook, Word, Excel, and Power Point), Adobe Acrobat, and Socia Media web platforms.
• Strong organizational skills that reflect ability to perform and prioritize multiple tasks seamlessly with excellent attention to detail.
• Expert level written and verbal communication skills.
• Demonstrated proactive approaches to problem-solving with strong decision-making capability.
• Emotional maturity and equanimity.
• Highly resourceful team-player, with the ability to also be extremely effective independently.
• Demonstrated ability to achieve high performance goals and meet deadlines in a fast pace environment.
• Forward looking thinker, who actively seeks opportunities and proposes solutions.