Centner Academy is a progressive independent ‘happiness’ school where world languages, values-based education, mindfulness, and student-centered academics infuse every interaction with joy and learning. Through a unique blend of diverse academic paradigms, the school engages students from the very beginning in an innovative environment supported by five Key Pillars: language mastery, leadership, values-based character development, mindfulness, and life skills.
Centner’s curriculum philosophy was developed by a team of seasoned educators to meet the needs and expectations of globally minded families. Our intention is to shape future adults who are not only confident and poised to succeed, but who also have the character and skills needed to make the world a better, kinder and more loving place for all.
Centner Academy is looking for an exceptional Director of Entrepreneurship to join our team. The Director of Entrepreneurship is responsible for the development and implementation of innovation, a world-class entrepreneurial hub that addresses economic and social entrepreneurial needs and prepares students to be successful in a global and changing world. The Director of Entrepreneurship provides leadership and a clear strategic direction toward the achievement of program excellence that offers a creative and robust learning environment and provides students and the community with exposure to leading edge innovators and business leaders.
- Leads and develops a creative culture of innovation and entrepreneurship for students by providing a clear strategic direction.
- Directs the entrepreneurial education programming for the schools that includes the creation of various delivery strategies including continuing education, traditional academic, hybrid, virtual and experiential learning experiences.
- Oversees general operations of the program including staffing, budgeting, service delivery and curriculum.
- Develops a robust mentoring network to support students.
- Designs, develops and implements clear, concise strategy for high quality programming.
- Implements processes and systems that meet student, industry, and community needs.
- Acts as a liaison with other departments and builds strong programmatic connections across the schools.
- Forms and cultivates educational partnerships with leading in-field industries.
- Develops recruitment plan to attract and retain students through completion.
- Supports the work of the school leadership by preparing grant proposals.
- Directly interacts with entrepreneurs and small business owners to support their endeavor.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Master’s degree from a regionally accredited institution in Business, Engineering, or related fields and six (6) years of experience and leadership with an established track record of success, bringing new ventures, ideas, products or services to the market.
- Knowledge and understanding of academic institutions’ organization, goals and objectives, and policies and procedures.
- Knowledge of how to create a robust entrepreneurial learning experience for Centner Academy students.
- Knowledge of current entrepreneurial ecosystems and capacity to identify emerging trends.
- Knowledge of social entrepreneurship.
- Ability to think strategically.
- Excellent organizational and communication skills (both oral and written).
- Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to effectively communicate with a wide range of individuals and constituencies in a diverse community.
- Skill in budget preparation and management.
- Ability to develop and lead program advisory committees that include in-field industry representatives.
- Possess leadership and established track record of success in bringing ventures, products/ideas to the marketplace.
- Familiarity with the venture capital industry.
- Ability to effectively manage people in a fast-paced environment, manage grants and budgets and design effective programs to deliver for program participants.
- Knowledge in building and mentoring a high-performance management team in a complex organization with demonstrable skill in developing strong teams and collaborations.
- Knowledge of how to develop and maintain relationships with key stakeholders and a wide range of business, industry, and community partners.
- In-depth knowledge of small business growth strategies and understand service delivery operations.
- Expertise with program design, implementation, and operations.
- Ability to develop and oversee quality assurance measures to ensure program effectiveness.
- Ability to demonstrate personal and professional ethical standards.
- Ability to work a flexible schedule which may include evening and weekend assignments.
- Ability to work well in a multi-ethnic and multi-cultural environment with students, faculty and staff.
To apply, please submit a copy of your resume. Please also provide professional references (name and full contact information) with application. Compensation is competitive and based on experience. This is a year-round position. Staff training often occurs in summer months.
Centner Academy is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to welcoming and celebrating a diverse student and faculty population. We believe every employee has the right to work in an environment free from all forms of unlawful discrimination. It is the policy of the school that employment decisions for all applicants and employees will be made without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, genetic information, marital status, veteran status, disability or other characteristics protected under local, state or federal law. No employee will be retaliated against for raising concerns under this policy. We seek each employee’s contribution and assistance in helping us maintain equal employment opportunity. Centner Academy does not mandate the Covid-19 vaccine.