Centner Academy is a progressive, independent ‘happiness’ school that combines a deep commitment to emotional intelligence, mindfulness, and happiness with a challenging curriculum featuring language immersion, entrepreneurial thinking, problem solving, creativity, and collaboration. Using a strengths-based approach to learning, all Centner Academy students and teachers have opportunities to do what they love across the curriculum through project- and problem-based learning. Centner Academy’s mission is to promote:
- Happy, thriving students
- Rigorous curriculum that engages students
- Mindfulness and emotional intelligence
- Effective foreign language acquisition
- Project- and problem-based learning
- Entrepreneurial thinking
- Personalized learning journeys
- Habits to optimize neurodevelopment
Centner Academy’s curriculum philosophy was developed by a team of seasoned educators to meet the needs and expectations of globally minded families. Our intention is to shape future adults who are not only confident and poised to succeed, but who also have the character and skills needed to make the world a better, kinder, and more loving place for all.
Centner Academy is seeking a Conscious Discipline Coach to join its growing school family. The Conscious Discipline Coach will teach classes to students of all ages. This person will work with our Faculty to improve and refine mindfulness practices and Conscious Discipline practices, structures and daily routines in classrooms.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Embody Conscious Discipline practices.
- Serve as a guide and Conscious Discipline Coach among Faculty & Staff.
- Attend required team meetings.
- Communicate effectively and execute projects on time.
Requirements and Qualifications
- Bachelor’s degree or higher
- A minimum of two (2) years of successful classroom teaching experience
- Experience coaching and giving technical instruction to peers
- Mindfulness Education certification preferred
- Ability to coordinate and collaborate with diverse groups of professionals across multiple departments and organizations
- Ability to apply knowledge of mindfulness in the area of social-emotional learning
- Able to work independently as well as cooperatively with school administration, teachers, staff, and students.
- Experience with curriculum development and lesson planning
- Ability to develop respectful professional relationships and trust with school administration, teachers and peers.
- Skilled in time management, ability to effectively achieve multiple goals and manage multiple projects simultaneously
To apply, please submit a copy of your resume. Please also provide professional references (name and full contact information) with application. Compensation is competitive and based on experience. This is a year-round position. Staff training often occurs in summer months. Centner Academy does not mandate the Covid-19 vaccine.
Centner Academy is an equal opportunity employer. We believe every employee has the right to work in an environment free from all forms of unlawful discrimination. It is the policy of the school that employment decisions for all applicants and employees will be made without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, genetic information, marital status, veteran status, disability, or other characteristics protected under local, state, or federal law. No employee will be retaliated against for raising concerns under this policy. We seek each employee’s contribution and assistance in helping us maintain equal employment opportunity.