Centner Academy is a progressive, independent ‘happiness’ school that combines a deep commitment to emotional intelligence, mindfulness, and happiness with a challenging curriculum including foreign language acquisition, entrepreneurial thinking, problem-solving, creativity, critical thinking and collaboration. Centner Academy’s mission is to promote:
- Happy, thriving students
- Rigorous curriculum that engages students
- Mindfulness and emotional intelligence
- Effective foreign language acquisition
- Project- and problem-based learning
- Entrepreneurial thinking
- Personalized learning journeys
- Habits to optimize neurodevelopment
Centner Academy’s curriculum philosophy was developed by a team of seasoned educators to meet the needs and expectations of globally minded families. Our intention is to shape future adults who are not only confident and poised to succeed, but who also have the character and skills needed to make the world a better, kinder, and more loving place for all.
Centner Academy is seeking an Admissions Coordinator to join our school community.The Admissions Coordinator supports the administration of the admission process for both preschool, K-8, and high school applicants. The Admissions Coordinator will manage the admission database and provide support to the Director of Admissions in all aspects of recruitment, admission, enrollment and financial aid. The Admissions Coordinator is the main point of contact for families navigating the admissions and enrollment processes, assists with enhancing the school’s presence in the community, and engaging prospective families and potential partners through outreach and collaboration with marketing activities.
- Answers application and enrollment inquiries for the Admission Office.
- Discusses school programs in depth with inquiring families or potential partners. ● Maintains online admission calendar, coordinates applicant tours and shadow days. ● Assists families to navigate the admission process following tours and shadow days. ● Tracks progress of incoming application/enrollment materials from new students entering the school, and requests missing information.
- Participates in the re-enrollment process of current students, tracks progress and follows-up with families, addresses questions, and facilitates completion of packets. ● Organizes, manages and inputs information into databases.
- Assists with financial aid administration, as needed.
- Composes and manages correspondence.
- Coordinates, organizes and prepares for Admission Office events.
- Provides internal administrative and organizational support for the Admissions office. ● Manages Online Inquiry/Application/Enrollment
- Performs other work-related duties as assigned by Director of Admission & School Operations.
- Associate Degree with a minimum of 3 years relevant experience required. Bachelor’s Degree preferred. Equivalent combination of education and experience may be substituted for educational requirements.
- Experience working in the education and/or not-for-profit sector is preferred.
- Strong collaborator within a team environment.
Additional Skill Requirements:
- Detailed oriented, highly organized and thorough
- Ability to manage multiple projects at a time;
- Strong oral and written communication skills, including the ability to edit and revise existing copy;
- Professional and presentable to prospective families and well-spoken with great customer service skills and email/speech etiquette
- Strong organizational skills and the ability to meet tight deadlines in fast-paced Environment;
- Positive mindset with a passion for our mission and vision
- Physically able to perform assigned duties with or without accommodation;
- Ability to work periodic evenings and occasional weekends as necessary;
- Excellent computer skills in word processing, and proofreading;
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite and database management;
- Experience working in a Google environment is preferred.
To apply, please submit a copy of your resume. Compensation is competitive and based on experience. This is a year-round position. Staff training often occurs in summer months.
Centner Academy is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to welcoming and celebrating a diverse student and faculty population. We believe every employee has the right to work in an environment free from all forms of unlawful discrimination. It is the policy of the school that employment decisions for all applicants and employees will be made without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, genetic information, marital status, veteran status, disability, or other characteristics protected under local, state, or federal law. No employee will be retaliated against for raising concerns under this policy. We seek each employee’s contribution and assistance in helping us maintain equal employment opportunity.